top of page

If you're starting a new not-for-profit organization we can help you prepare and file your organization's 501 (c)(3) application for tax-exempt status.

What do I need to start?

  • Articles of Incorporation containing the Exempt Purpose Statement as described in IRS Code section 501(c)(3) and defined in Treasury Regulation 1.501(c)(3)-1 Paragraph d and the Dissolution Statement described in Treasury Regulation 1.501(c)(3)-1 Paragraph b subparagraph 4 ("Organizational Test").
  • Federal Employer Identification Number
  • By-laws of the Organization
  • Minutes of Board Meetings
  • Names, Addresses, and Resumes of Board Members
  • Names and addresses of all Active Members
  • List of Assets like cash, furniture, equipment, property, pledges...
  • List of Liabilities like mortgages, accounts payable, loans...
  • Rent/Lease Agreements and Contracts
  • Revenue & Expense Statements for the last four years ( or as far back as possible if your organization has been in existence for less than four years).
  • Written Reason for Formation and History of the organization.
  • Organization Mission Statement or Statement of Faith or Beliefs for Churches & other Religious Organizations.
  • Organization Activities, Operations and Programs Documentation including your statement of purpose & operations, food programs, fundraisers, flyers/brochures/pamphlets...
  • Financial Support Documentation including all sources of revenue
  • Fund Raising Program Descriptions
  • IRS Processing/Filing Fee

We can help you prepare any of the above items if you do not have them.

bottom of page